DEPARTMENT: Guest Services Team (Food & Beverage/General Store/Ticketing)
POSITIONS INCLUDE: Team Members, Kitchen Lead/Cooks
- Part-time hours available
- Flexible scheduling to work around your schedules
- Extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed and available
- 40 hours/week possible during summer
- Ongoing hours available year round based on events
The Guest Services Team is primarily responsible for delivering guest services during events such as: food prep, answering guest questions, cash & ticket handling, inventory control, merchandise and supply restocking, facility upkeep and other duties as needed that ensure our guests receive the best customer experience possible.
These duties will be performed in a variety of locations both indoors and outdoors including permanent cafes, banquet halls, livestock barn service desks at General Store, indoor/outdoor “popup” food & beverage, ticketing and camping/bedding service desks including the new Grandstand Arena and National-Event Campground.
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable, flexible and strives to go above and beyond
- Agriculture/animal/4-H/FFA/rodeo/nature background/interest preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn and to work hard in variety of situations and environments while providing professional, friendly services to our guests who vary from local to across the USA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Food prep and service in accordance with Health Dept. regulations & guidelines
- Correctly operates all food service equipment
- Proper food handling procedures
- Cash handling
- Accurate count of start-up and ending cash drawers, change counting and sales transactions
- Accurate use of ShopKeep and eTix software on provided iPads to sell food & beverage, General Store services and event tickets
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Willingness to learn LEC fairgrounds café menu items and event specials
- Willingness to learn easy-to-use event software on provided laptops, tablets or mobile devices including: Ungerboeck, ShopKeep, eTix, etc.
- Ability to count back correct change
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn practices and procedures related to variety of LEC fairgrounds events ranging from animal shows, youth education events, motorsports, rodeos, food & beverage and nonprofit events etc.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic with attention to detail without close supervision as work on the 160-acre fairgrounds
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and to take breaks on variable schedule including at end of shift if busy
- Willingness to work during events with animals, outdoors, sometimes dusty and non-airconditioned environments.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds periodically without harming self.
- Ability to work on feet entire shift.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must obtain a Liquor Server/Seller Permit & Prep Cook Food Handlers license from local government authorities. The cost of these licenses are paid by the LEC fairgrounds team member after six months of service with a minimum 20 hours/month worked and thereafter will be reimbursed by LEC fairgrounds if you provide receipt to the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Previous experience(s) will be certified after hire and may make you eligible for additional pay including food & beverage preparation, cashiering, ticket selling, software(s) etc.
- Must be ages 19+ due to alcohol serving laws
- Team Members: Starts at $12/hr. + tips
- Team Leads: Starts at $13/hr. +tips