JOB TITLE: Operations Team Member
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
- Part-time positions available
- Flexible scheduling to work with busy schedules
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, days around event schedule
Lancaster Event Center (LEC) is a premier, multi-use facility in the Midwest home to 300+ events from livestock to trade shows to weddings annually including the Super Fair. The Operations Crew Equipment Operators are primarily responsible for performing work as needed to clean, maintain, prepare for and serve events at the 400,000 square foot, 150-acre facility. This position will lead on operating equipment as well as helping with other aspects of operations involving heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
- Heavily experienced in operating equipment such as tractors, light trucks, fork lifts, boom lifts, skid steer, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven (skills will be verified)
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable, flexible and strives to go above and beyond
- Agriculture background/interest preferred but not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operating equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, skid steer, tractors, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- All equipment operators can expect equipment operating time to be only a portion of their job. All operations play ‘jack of all trades’ assisting roles from:
- Operations, setup, cleaning, maintenance, guest services, parking lot management, campground services, ticket taking, supporting bars and cafes, etc.
- Setting up and tearing down chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Laying carpet, preparing arenas, updating signage.
- Installing and cleaning livestock stalls and preparing arenas/pens for livestock shows.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Snow removal as needed on seasonal basis.
- Day-to-day operations include, but are not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, replenishing supplies and transporting trash/waste to proper disposal area.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, carpet cleaning and window washing.
- Assist with security securing doors, ushering, crowd control, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety, damage concerns or loss of property promptly to Operations Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn practices and procedures related to animal shows; event set-up; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge or willingness to operate equipment properly and efficiently
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. comfortably
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic with attention to detail while following safety rules/guidelines with and without supervision is a must.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with building controls (heat, air, lights, etc.) and audio-visual is a plus.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma OR G.E.D.
- 1-3 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience with operating equipment specified above required
- Must be 19 years or older
- $17/hr (after experience verified)